Bradbury Mountain SP
- Maine Atlas and Gazetteer
- Map 5 C5
- USGS map
- North Pownal, Maine 7.5'
- Freeport Maine 15'
- To get there:
- From I95, take Exit 21 Durham/Pownal.
- Head North from the ramp onto Mallett Drive (Also ME 136)
- Turn Left onto Pownal Road.
- After 4 Miles, turn Right onto Route 9 at Pownal
Center which is a four-way
intersection with a flashing yellow light.
There will be a variety store and a church.
- Continue on Route 9 for about 8/10 Mile,
Bradbury SP will be on you left.
- Bradbury Mountain State Park
528 Hallowell Road
Pownal, Maine 04069
- Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
- 440 Acres.
- Bradbury SP boasts picnic areas with shelter, playground,
ball field, hiking and cross-country ski trails,
and 41 campsites. The hike to the summit of Bradbury Mountain
is short, but the views south to the coast are spectacular.
The park has been busy converting it's trails to "shared use"
trails. Horse riding, biking and hiking as well as cross-country
skiing and snowshoeing is allowed on most trails.
- Bathroom facilities are outhouses.
- There are rangers on site and maps are available at the
Fees and Hours of Operation
- Open All Year.
- Day use fees for Persons 12 and older were $2.00 as of July 2000.
- 41 campsites.
- The park has picnic areas with shelter, a playground,
and a ball field.
- Bradbury Mountain, 484 ft.